I’ve managed to get my little test server all configured for each path. This little task involved configuring mod_ruby, mod_perl, mod_python on top of my already standard php. I also had to fire up mod_proxy to mask the jsp directory (which is really going to an apache tomcat server – another box on my network).
You can view the progress as I start building. Progress is still fairly slow at this moment. But now that all the frameworks are in place and my apache ninja skills have been revived I should be able to kick it up a notch.
I’ve also made a slight change in how I’ll be storing the images in the database. I’m going to just be doing a plain old base64 encode of the binary data. I’d much rather just store binary data in the database as a central repository for all paths, but there appears to be some issues with this and the fact that the entire django community hates binary data in a database. So I’m not going to fight it or waste any more time on it.